Monday, May 01, 2006

A Spring Weekend

On Saturday I went to see Ohka and Matsu-ko play basketball at Mie-ko, which was really cool apart from the fact both the girl's and the boy's team lost their games and so have been knocked out of the tournament. This apparently means that the san-nensei members on the team will never get to play again and so floods of tears ensued.

After the basketball I met up with Katie and Milena for a nice afternoon, which included hanging out in Chubadai park.

On Sunday Milena and me decided to go for a hike near her house. Miyagawa is only about 30 mins from my house but I felt as if I was on holiday, I had such a lovely day and it's so beautiful. After our hike we went to an onsen and for some lunch.
View on the way up
The view from the top ;)
OK - I've included this picture, not because it's any good but because it shows a Japanese style weekend 'activity'. You can't really see but there is a river to the left of the shot and then on the right there is a pond where people are fishing. So rather than fishing in the river people can come and pay and fish out of the pond along with how ever many other people. Apparently if you catch something you can cook it there and then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home