Sunday, April 30, 2006

Ensoku - Part Two

Friday was Ohka's ensoku and I went with ichi-nensei to walk up some mountain/hill near Ise. I had such a good time, I thought it was a perfect school trip. It wasn't as boring as the clam digging and certainly more enjoyable than travelling all the way to Universal Studios, to only have time to queue up for one ride and some omiyage shopping.

The teachers had been very anxious about whether or not I'd be able to make it up the mountain and not because they were worried about my back but because they seem to think I'm so fat and unfit. I assured them, 'no really... I might not be able to run in the marathon but I can climb a mountain, I live by the Lake District remember...' To which they just pulled some funny expressions.

After making such a fuss though I was terrified that maybe I wouldn't be able to make it, that it would be really difficult and that I'd collapse half way up.

But I made it and not only that Kobayashi sensei and me were the first teachers to the top, hundreds of exclamations followed from students and teachers a like about how fast and fit I was. Hm...
At the top
The view
1A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home