Monday, March 06, 2006

Onsens, Temples and Rock Bands

The weekend didn't end with Burn's Night! On Sunday Katie took me to an onsen in Nabari. I think I may have been converted, I've really enjoyed the last two times I've been to an onsen now. It was really relaxing to sit outside and look out over the beautiful view, the only bad point being I looked like a beetroot when I left!
After our onsen we took the train to a small town in Nara-ken and went to this amazing temple complex (with the smallest wooden pagado in Japan?). Unfortunately we didn't have too much time, so we were very Japanese in that we turned up, took some photos and hopped back onto another bus. It was still great though and I had such a lovely time with Katie :)
Next, Katie and me went to Tsu to meet people for dinner at Tin Pan Alley before heading to the 'Light Music Festival'. Some friends of ours are in a band and they'd made it to the final 6 of a local competition, so we went to see the show. They sounded amazing and the interview with Ewan at the end might just be one of the highlights of my whole time in Japan!


The band's website: www.upup-downdown.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home