I love Nagoya!
I spent most of this weekend in Nagoya, I spent more money than I had anticipated but it was all worth it for a fix of 'normal life'.
Shopping
On Saturday afternoon I went shopping for all those little things I'm never going to find in Taki-cho; Body Shop moisturiser, nice cards, taco shells and weetabix. I think that was about it as I managed to avoid Gap and Zara. I went to a cafe and drank good coffee and ate delicious food. In the foreign food store I even managed to find this:-

This is exciting because aromatic bitters are what makes a 'long vodka' a long vodka. Now, most people don't know what they are anymore - they don't even know in 'the Basement' anymore. It's sad. But I was very happy to find it in Japan, needless to say I didn't buy any 1) because of the price and 2) I'm leaving soon and I have a bottle of this stuff at my parents house and I've had it for 5 years and there's still only about 1/5th of the bottle gone.
Miwa
I took the train to Beccy's house where we hung out, drank wine and Tomo made us nabe. Beccy and me decided on impulse to bike to a karaoke place near (ish) her house. I had so much fun, although it's hard doing karaoke with such a small number of people - you have to think of songs that you can sing all the time and there's no opportunity to just sit back and watch other people make fools of themselves for a while.
Shopping
On Saturday afternoon I went shopping for all those little things I'm never going to find in Taki-cho; Body Shop moisturiser, nice cards, taco shells and weetabix. I think that was about it as I managed to avoid Gap and Zara. I went to a cafe and drank good coffee and ate delicious food. In the foreign food store I even managed to find this:-

This is exciting because aromatic bitters are what makes a 'long vodka' a long vodka. Now, most people don't know what they are anymore - they don't even know in 'the Basement' anymore. It's sad. But I was very happy to find it in Japan, needless to say I didn't buy any 1) because of the price and 2) I'm leaving soon and I have a bottle of this stuff at my parents house and I've had it for 5 years and there's still only about 1/5th of the bottle gone.
Miwa
I took the train to Beccy's house where we hung out, drank wine and Tomo made us nabe. Beccy and me decided on impulse to bike to a karaoke place near (ish) her house. I had so much fun, although it's hard doing karaoke with such a small number of people - you have to think of songs that you can sing all the time and there's no opportunity to just sit back and watch other people make fools of themselves for a while.
The Boots
So when I was at home at Christmas, I bought some new boots. I love them. They've the best boots ever. They broke. I had to walk around all day with safety pinned boots. Sorry to Beccy and Tomo about the rage I was in before I left them - I guess screaming wasn't really helping the matter and thanks to Tomo for trying so hard to fix them!
I decided to go off (in my safety pinned boots) and check out Atsuta Shrine. I had a really nice time strolling around and it was a nice change in pace before heading back into Sakae.
In the evening we went to see Fiona's play. It was brilliant and amazing. Enough said.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home