Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Dancing at Matsuko

Every Tuesday I work at a school in Matsusaka, I really enjoy going there and it makes a nice change (as they usually keep me very busy). I get irritated though when I arrive at 8.15am and if I don't have any lessons I sit there all day only to stay til nearly 6pm because I'm helping out with English Club, practice for the STEP test and at the moment I hold a class for the students going to the UK next month on a homestay after school.

The students this week were practicing for the performance they're going to do when they're in the UK. I couldn't believe it - we were going to practice their dance for 1 1/2 hrs! I definitely don't mind having to stay late if we get to dance! The students are practicing a dance that class 3G did at Ohka last Sports Festival. I was really impressed at the time and it turns out it's some really famous Japanese dance and I should have known that - don't know how but I should have done.

Mo (ALT at Matsu ko) wisely sat the dancing out. I say wisely because I'm in so much pain today, it's getting gradually worse, I can barely walk to the other side of the teacher's room to get to the kettle my legs ache so much! But it was fun and the students are going to be practicing every day - I actually wish I could join them.


Here is a picture of 3G doing the dance last June.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home