It's 13 degrees...
The Weather
After the warm weather of the weekend, it proceeded to drop to just above zero at the start of the week, it even snowed. I went for a walk this morning and it was still freezing, I've just been home for lunch and it's warm again, 13 degrees in fact.
Interesting that I decided to write about the weather; at class on Monday I was informed that it's a very British trait to talk about the weather and I was asked to explain this - I guess it's because the weather is so changeable at home (maybe it's just we don't have anything better to talk about with some people) but I've never known such changeable weather as I have here this week.
I should stop being so British and dull and write about something else...
Matsu ko Presentations
The students were asked to prepare a poster presentation on a subject they've covered at some point over the year, I kicked things off with my presentation on transplants; I have to admit I didn't really know what I was talking about. There was a lot of um...ah....so.....
The students really came through though, they were excellent. I particularly liked the one below as they chose to speak about Peter Rabbit, Beatrix Potter and the Lake District. Two groups were awarded certificates, I told Mo to give an award to this group (thought it would look a bit biased if I did so I chose the group that spoke about Designer Babies).
My favourite part has to be "The Lake country is located in British Cumbria state". Love it!!
This might have been my last visit to Matsu ko, apparently nobody knows yet. I hope it wasn't I really enjoy going there now (apart from the broom cupboard), infact it might even be the highlight of the school week! I found out that one of the teachers is being moved to the board of education though and it was a horrible shock and saying good bye at the end of the day was even worse. I was really upset which worried me because it will be 100 times worse when I have to leave everyone in summer and wondered if I'd made the wrong decision deciding to go home. This only lasted about an hour though. It's always going to be awful saying goodbye and there's no point in putting off the inevitable when deep down I know it's definitely the right move to return home in summer.
Cambodia
After the warm weather of the weekend, it proceeded to drop to just above zero at the start of the week, it even snowed. I went for a walk this morning and it was still freezing, I've just been home for lunch and it's warm again, 13 degrees in fact.
Interesting that I decided to write about the weather; at class on Monday I was informed that it's a very British trait to talk about the weather and I was asked to explain this - I guess it's because the weather is so changeable at home (maybe it's just we don't have anything better to talk about with some people) but I've never known such changeable weather as I have here this week.
I should stop being so British and dull and write about something else...
Matsu ko Presentations
The students were asked to prepare a poster presentation on a subject they've covered at some point over the year, I kicked things off with my presentation on transplants; I have to admit I didn't really know what I was talking about. There was a lot of um...ah....so.....
The students really came through though, they were excellent. I particularly liked the one below as they chose to speak about Peter Rabbit, Beatrix Potter and the Lake District. Two groups were awarded certificates, I told Mo to give an award to this group (thought it would look a bit biased if I did so I chose the group that spoke about Designer Babies).
My favourite part has to be "The Lake country is located in British Cumbria state". Love it!!
This might have been my last visit to Matsu ko, apparently nobody knows yet. I hope it wasn't I really enjoy going there now (apart from the broom cupboard), infact it might even be the highlight of the school week! I found out that one of the teachers is being moved to the board of education though and it was a horrible shock and saying good bye at the end of the day was even worse. I was really upset which worried me because it will be 100 times worse when I have to leave everyone in summer and wondered if I'd made the wrong decision deciding to go home. This only lasted about an hour though. It's always going to be awful saying goodbye and there's no point in putting off the inevitable when deep down I know it's definitely the right move to return home in summer.
CambodiaI'm off to Cambodia on Friday, I'm very EXCITED!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home