(admittedly an early) Happy St Patrick's Day!
The weekend started with a drive up to Hisai to see Lolly. We met Julia and Dan; we ate at Saizeria and afterwards we went to do purikura. It doesn't get much better than that! Sean joined us later and we watched (Hauru no ugoku shiro) Howl's Moving Castle at Lolly's house. Thought it was a great film.
Saturday was fortunately a glorious day, fortunate because it was the St Patrick's Day parade in Ise. We walked the streets of Ise wearing green (debatable as apparently I was wearing blue!) and waving Irish flags. The interesting point about all this is the Japanese, they've really taken this Irish thing on board. There were old women wearing crazy green outfits whilst Irish dancing and kids dressed all in green walking the streets with their parents. Don't get me wrong I think it's great, 'internationalization' and everything but I do wonder if they even know where Ireland actually is. I shouldn't be so cynical. Anyway, it was great fun and I got to talk to (note: bore) Sam, Fi, Aileen and Momo all day which can't be bad (well for me anyway).
Saturday was fortunately a glorious day, fortunate because it was the St Patrick's Day parade in Ise. We walked the streets of Ise wearing green (debatable as apparently I was wearing blue!) and waving Irish flags. The interesting point about all this is the Japanese, they've really taken this Irish thing on board. There were old women wearing crazy green outfits whilst Irish dancing and kids dressed all in green walking the streets with their parents. Don't get me wrong I think it's great, 'internationalization' and everything but I do wonder if they even know where Ireland actually is. I shouldn't be so cynical. Anyway, it was great fun and I got to talk to (note: bore) Sam, Fi, Aileen and Momo all day which can't be bad (well for me anyway).

Fiona, me and Momo
Mc Feat looking very handsome
Lolly during the parade
Fi, Sam and Ailo
Aileen, Doug (the whole 2 minutes I saw him) and me.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home