Tom’s Birthday and My Bad Mood/Hangover
On Tuesday morning I went around to Tom’s for a champagne breakfast for his birthday before going for lunch with him, Joseph and their Grandma. Later in the afternoon Kate drove us down to Manchester, where we drank more champagne at Sue’s before heading out for dinner.
We went to an ‘Asian fusion’ kind of place, in fact I think it was called Fusion, anyway it was all very nice but I was feeling very nostalgic… I had some Asahi for the first time since I’ve been back and nearly cried thinking about karaoke … ate nasi goreng and nearly cried thinking about Aileen and Momo… some people ordered a bunch of Japanese food and I nearly cried as they pronounced everything wrong (and bit my tongue as didn‘t want to be pretentious and correct them)! Then Tom’s poor friend who sat opposite me made the mistake of telling me he’s studied some Japanese at uni and was thinking about teaching English in Japan after he graduated …well I think I completely bored the poor guy to tears!!
After this I picked up a bit once we headed into the centre of town to Canal Street, which was so, so, so much fun!
The day after I think I had the worst hangover ever and I think it even lasted a couple of days, or at least I’m attributing that to the foul mood I’ve been in since Manchester …
I knew I shouldn’t have written about how great and relaxed I was feeling about everything the other day because I should have known that as soon as I said it - it would no longer be true.
I’m still pleased to be home and quite content in my decision that I’m going to stick around Carlisle for a while longer. Everyone keeps asking me how on earth can I manage living at home again after living on my own. Yeah … I love living on my own (more than any of my friends here - seen as though none of them have ever done it). I love living on my own more than I can ever describe BUT I’ve gone through much harder and stressful times than having to live with my lovely family for a while!
So living in Carlisle isn’t the problem but possibly not having a job is … my head is whirling with a million different thoughts ... too much time on my hands ... I think I might be going a wee bit crazy …
BUT today I’ve seen a job advertised and have sent off for further details. Will keep you posted!
Note: Have just sent a load of emails to all my favourite people and went to see my friend's sister for coffee and biscuits - am feeling much better :) Small things.
We went to an ‘Asian fusion’ kind of place, in fact I think it was called Fusion, anyway it was all very nice but I was feeling very nostalgic… I had some Asahi for the first time since I’ve been back and nearly cried thinking about karaoke … ate nasi goreng and nearly cried thinking about Aileen and Momo… some people ordered a bunch of Japanese food and I nearly cried as they pronounced everything wrong (and bit my tongue as didn‘t want to be pretentious and correct them)! Then Tom’s poor friend who sat opposite me made the mistake of telling me he’s studied some Japanese at uni and was thinking about teaching English in Japan after he graduated …well I think I completely bored the poor guy to tears!!
After this I picked up a bit once we headed into the centre of town to Canal Street, which was so, so, so much fun!
The day after I think I had the worst hangover ever and I think it even lasted a couple of days, or at least I’m attributing that to the foul mood I’ve been in since Manchester …
I knew I shouldn’t have written about how great and relaxed I was feeling about everything the other day because I should have known that as soon as I said it - it would no longer be true.
I’m still pleased to be home and quite content in my decision that I’m going to stick around Carlisle for a while longer. Everyone keeps asking me how on earth can I manage living at home again after living on my own. Yeah … I love living on my own (more than any of my friends here - seen as though none of them have ever done it). I love living on my own more than I can ever describe BUT I’ve gone through much harder and stressful times than having to live with my lovely family for a while!
So living in Carlisle isn’t the problem but possibly not having a job is … my head is whirling with a million different thoughts ... too much time on my hands ... I think I might be going a wee bit crazy …
BUT today I’ve seen a job advertised and have sent off for further details. Will keep you posted!
Note: Have just sent a load of emails to all my favourite people and went to see my friend's sister for coffee and biscuits - am feeling much better :) Small things.

2 Comments:
last night we made nasi gorang at hoe in honour of Aileen and Momo, it's all so happy sad, very confusing.
Love Fi
Ah guys you make want to cry. Well I haven't even seen dear Momo yet. Apparently though I basically going to have to be married to him though if I want to get anywhere near him. So I'm going to propose this weekend - get rings and try and get a fake marriage cert -any ideas???
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home