Monday, August 28, 2006

Friday - The Continental Market and Living Room Dancing

A few years ago a continental market came to Carlisle to introduce the folk of Carlisle to good European food (mostly German and French). Surprisingly it was actually a huge success and it’s come back every summer, growing in size every time. I of course love it as it reminds me of all the summer holidays we had in the North of France when we were younger. There are stalls with fresh vegetables, breads, cheeses, pastries, sausages, meats, hot toasted baguettes, paella, olives, soaps, lavander, German beer etc etc

On Friday I met Kate and Sophie and then Tom as well on his break from work. We snacked on paella, egg custards and then German lager. It would have been perfect apart from the weather which was predictably crap!

In the evening I went for dinner with my friend Sue’s Mum, her husband and their daughter Sophie. We went to Franco’s (restaurant I used to work in and Tom is over summer) and then we went back to their house. We had some drinks and then Sophie had us dancing around the living room. Nigel said to me ‘you must think we’re a house full of nutters’ I had to explain ‘you don’t understand I can’t think of a better way to spend a Friday night!’ Anyway it was perfect and Sophie and me came up with a dance routine for the following evening...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home