Monday, August 28, 2006

Saturday - Our Dinner Party

So you may have heard me mention that I was going to have a party when I got home. Well I came home and still intended on having one but was disheartened when I realised most people couldn’t come so as a result I didn’t invite half the people I said I was going to (sorry if you’re reading this and I’d promised to invite you and I didn't - it really wasn't worth coming unless you know all my friend's parents and neighbours) and was very disorganised about it all.

I decided still to have one but was a little worried that it was a really bizarre mix of people that were coming … that was if anyone actually made it. On the day though I wasn’t worried, whoever turned up would and even if I just had a few people - we’d still have a good time.

This might be hard for people to believe (as you know how much I flap and faff about and stress when organising things) but I’m really not stressed when I have a party at home, I know we have the perfect house for parties, I know my Mum is the best cook in the world, I know exactly what drinks to buy in, what music to play - I’ve done it so many times.

So despite me making jokes all day that nobody was going to turn up - it all worked out. It really was a weird bunch of people from little baby Sophie (dressed in the yukata a bought her!) to my neighbours in the late 70s - but it was excellent. I spent a lot of time speaking to everyone and not a lot of time drinking or eating but I guess that’s always the way. Sophie (Sue's little sister) and me performed our routine to a raucous applause at the end . This will also surprise you all but one of the main topics of the evening was great I am with Sophie, people kept asking me if that’s the age I worked with Japan - I laughed in their faces as they told me how amazing I was with kids. So maybe I don’t hate children so much after all but I think it’s more that I know Sophie - it makes a difference.

Thanks again Dave for the amazing DVD you made me, the oldies at the party were fascinated with the sumo and Gion vids. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home