Golden Week
What to do on the eve of a FIVE day weekend?... Drink at Nige's.
Wednesday
I spent the first day of the holidays hanging out in Matsusaka with Nige, Doug and Katie. Mostly spent in the park, sitting about and playing frisbee.
Thursday
Arrived in Okinawa, spent the first night in Nago.
Friday
Drove over to an island and spent the morning at the beach there.
SaturdayTook a boat out to another island island and visited Shuri castle in Naha.
In the evening we ended up at a restaurant where they cook your food at the table in front of you. This is only so notable because although it's apparently a Japanese thing to do - the only place I've ever done it is at the Japanese restaurant in Liverpool. I went there for my graduation meal with my family literally just a couple of weeks before I came. I feel like I've come full circle!
I thought Okinawa was brill, I had a really great trip. It was nice just to hang out with Beccy on the beach rather than the mad sight seeing trips I always seem to end up on (not that they're bad).
The flight back to Kansai was a little hairy. Notably because just as we were about to touch down on the run way (and literally just) we went back up instead. There was a big explanation in Japanese and then in English they just said 'we were about to land but now we are ascending again. We will tell you more later. Thank you' It turns out it was because of the weather and so we tried to land again later and it was all fine. I just thought it was so bizarre that we were so close to landing but then just took off again rather than just waiting around to descend first.
So, eventually back to Taki to ride home in the pouring rain, I got absolutely drenched but you know, I really kind of enjoyed it :)




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home