Monday, April 03, 2006

Kompang Cham

Kompang Cham - Day Three
On the morning of Day Three we left Phnom Penh and travelled to Kompang Cham, on the way we stopped to try some of the local delicacy - spiders. Not exactly my idea of a great snack but I had to do it (you know just so I can say that I did), we were recommended not to eat the body so I munched on a couple of legs. It wasn't too bad really and they were in a sauce but I wasn't going to be trying them again.
We met our local guide for the area at Wat Nokor, an 11th century temple.
Wat Nokor

Once we had looked around the temple we went to the guide's house for lunch. For me this was one of the highlights of the trip to be invited into a Cambodian home and the food was really amazing too.

The guide's house

In the afternoon we took boats up the Mekong river and visited a temple/monastry at the top of a hill with amazing views back over the Mekong. We sat around for a while drinking palm juice and talking. The girls were absolutely amazed by my pale, soft skin! I found it very amusing (and of course was loving all the attention!!).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home