The Weirdest Night
Yesterday started with an old family friend calling around for coffee, it was lovely to catch up etc
Then Sue, Kate and Sophie came around and we decided it was just about warm enough to have lunch in the garden. The sun came out in the end so we spent all day outside.
So basically I’d been having a lovely day until …
I was meeting the boys in town for drinks as Martyn was back for the night, so Sue’s brother drove me into town in his 2 seater, flash sports car (which I find very amusing) and dropped me at the pub.
As I'm writing this I've been thinking I don’t want this to turn into one of those blogs where people rant about their personal life so I’ll leave it at - I didn't have such a great time talking with the boys.
We went to another bar for some drinks and yes the freshers have arrived in Carlisle. This is good because I’ve heard it will no longer be a ghost town with all the students back. This is bad because they’re all 18 years old.
Anyway the boys went home early and I went to meet Sue and Tom as Sue’s train back to Manchester had been delayed and they were waiting by the station. I’m not sure I can describe this very well but I’ll give it a go …
The train had been delayed over 40 minutes (obviously this isn’t any surprise for anyone who has used trains in the UK). It comes into the station and the carriages that stop where everyone is stood on the platform turn out not to be use so people start working in one direction and they’re not in use either so everyone starts wandering up the platform and there’s a free carriage but it doesn’t say 'Carriage not in use' like the others did so some people try to get on there but it’s obviously not in use either.
In this carriage though there was a train employee leaning out and Sue went up and asked what was happening with all the carriages to which the woman shouted in a very rude and impatient manner that the train started from the next carriage up and shouted at everyone to get on the train there.
Everyone is wandering up the platform and I just said, probably a little too loudly ‘there’s no need to be rude…’ (think this comes from me living in a country where people don’t understand me).
The next thing I know she’s pointing down the platform at me and shouting at me to stop. So I do. She comes marching up to me, point at me and starts shouting I replied ‘don’t worry I’m not getting on your train’ she says ‘well good because I wouldn’t have let you on after speaking to me like that’
I calmly apologised and agreed I shouldn’t have used that tone but explained that I thought she’d been very rude to my friend and the other people who have been waiting a long time for this train very late at night.
She continued shouting informing me ‘well I’ve had a very bad night and you’ve just made it worse. I wouldn’t let people like you on this train’ I should have replied ‘people like me?! Please look around at the scallies, drunks, druggies that get on your train every day and do nothing about’.
It was left by me saying ‘I’m sorry again for manner I said that but I still think you were rude’ she marched back on the train and I stood on the platform and waved a hysterical Sue off with an equally hysterical Tom. Apparently this made Sue’s week. Tom says he wouldn't even have given her the time of day and wouldn't have bothered apologising but anyway.
Then we go back to Tom’s for some wine and to cut a long story short I inadvertently caused a big argument between Joseph and Tom and ended up upset. Then for some reason I decide to pour my heart out to poor Joseph about a million different things including the events of last October which I’ve never talked about to anyone about from home. Oh dear.
My brother just came in and asked about my night, so I’ve told him and he replied that it sounds like the most bizarre night ever - he was expecting the usual response to ‘how was your night?’ as ‘aye grand like’. He says it all started going wrong with the outfit I chose ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home