Monday, September 04, 2006

In Carlisle's Defence ...

These posts are for you Sam after your sarcastic remark ;)
I'm not origninally from Carlisle so there's no need for me to defend it but I was brought up here and I think there are worse places to live.
I shouldn't romanticise - admittedly most people are inbred, it is full of scallies, most places are covered in grafatti, there's nobody between the ages of 20 and 40 years old, most people wouldn't know if it's Scotland or England (or think it's in Wales as they get confused with Cardiff) BUT it's also historic and beautiful and for the moment I like it! (ask me again in a few more weeks and I might have a very different opinion)
So today I decided to take some pictures when I was up town - probably should have picked a better day for it weather wise but lets face it I could be waiting a very long time...
The Old Guildhall - now Franco's Restaurant (my old place of work)
Trinity School - OK this is my school although this might be deemed as false advertising (as it goes on about half a mile down the road to fill all 1800 students and none of the other buildings look like this)
The Citadel - part of the old city walls

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home