44p
My friend Sue has come up from Manchester for a few days and we’ve been having the best time. We went out with Tom last night for some wine and ended up at a karaoke night - in a club! I refrained from singing, obviously, baring in mind it’s a club full of people. The music in-between people tunelessly screeching away was really good so much dancing ensued - on the stage no less. Our attempts to make friends with the other people in there failed miserably and again we were joking that we’re just embarrassing old women (Tom at this point had disappeared but we weren’t overly concerned). Sometimes I can’t believe just how much fun we have and as we get older we just seem to have even more fun!
Today we went for lunch at Franco’s to see Tom and Kate and little Sophie came to meet us. Sue and me were walking through town with Sophie and people would stop and say how beautiful Sophie is - we would both pointedly say in unison - we’ll be sure to tell her mother! I then bumped into our old boss and he invited us into his café and gave us all drinks etc for free. Then we just generally walked around, literally every few metres one of us would see someone we knew so we just spent the time chatting to different people. People ask ‘are you just up town shopping?’ Shopping?! I spent all day in town and spent a total of 44p on a stamp - I just go for the craic.
Today I couldn’t be happier.
Today we went for lunch at Franco’s to see Tom and Kate and little Sophie came to meet us. Sue and me were walking through town with Sophie and people would stop and say how beautiful Sophie is - we would both pointedly say in unison - we’ll be sure to tell her mother! I then bumped into our old boss and he invited us into his café and gave us all drinks etc for free. Then we just generally walked around, literally every few metres one of us would see someone we knew so we just spent the time chatting to different people. People ask ‘are you just up town shopping?’ Shopping?! I spent all day in town and spent a total of 44p on a stamp - I just go for the craic.
Today I couldn’t be happier.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home