Living for the weekend...
I've actually been considering whether or not I should really keep up my little blog. It doesn't seem like I have much to write about and I guess that's because well I don't! I can't write about work on my blog which cuts down what I can write about considerably, especially seen as though I spend all my time at work or talking about what happened at work. But I do know that there are about four people who do read my blog and because of them I'll continue! ;)
Every week I spend getting excited for our now ritual Friday night, this week was no exception even though my partner in crime, Sue, is away in Germany. It's the end of term so I went with my friend from work into town for a coffee to celebrate the fact it's the start of our well deserved holidays. I was excitedly twittering on about what the night might have in store. I'm sad I know.
At about 9pm there I was all ready to head out when my friend had to cancel. I won't lie I was more than a little gutted. In fact I was quite concerned about how upset I was! I felt like I'd reverted to being 17 years old again when occasionally my Mum would put her foot down and stop me from venturing out to 'the Page' on a Thursday night. I was concerned about how gutted I was because I realised I spend all week, getting through it just to reach Friday and when that was taken away I really felt, well I don't know, but it was depressing to realise this!!
I'm twittering. Anyway I was reminded that I was working at the restaurant on Saturday night and I always enjoy that so all was not lost. When I arrived at work I was informed that we were having a Greek party after work for someone's birthday (luckily I'd decided not to take my car to work). So there was lots of food and lots of drink and then I decided I'd go and meet a couple of friends at our usual haunt. There were some famous DJs playing. I couldn't tell you who but I can tell you in cost me an extortionate £10 to get in. I hate dance music except from perhaps very mainstream stuff they might play in some bars so I wasn't paying to see these supposed top DJs. I just went to meet some friends. Weirdly enough; I was still in my clothes from the restaurant, I didn't really know many people there, I hated the music and nothing exciting really happened (well compared to the dramas Sue and me usually get ourselves into) but I had a really good time. It was just nice to be out.
I'm now on holiday for two weeks so hopefully should have some more interesting things to write about ;)
Every week I spend getting excited for our now ritual Friday night, this week was no exception even though my partner in crime, Sue, is away in Germany. It's the end of term so I went with my friend from work into town for a coffee to celebrate the fact it's the start of our well deserved holidays. I was excitedly twittering on about what the night might have in store. I'm sad I know.
At about 9pm there I was all ready to head out when my friend had to cancel. I won't lie I was more than a little gutted. In fact I was quite concerned about how upset I was! I felt like I'd reverted to being 17 years old again when occasionally my Mum would put her foot down and stop me from venturing out to 'the Page' on a Thursday night. I was concerned about how gutted I was because I realised I spend all week, getting through it just to reach Friday and when that was taken away I really felt, well I don't know, but it was depressing to realise this!!
I'm twittering. Anyway I was reminded that I was working at the restaurant on Saturday night and I always enjoy that so all was not lost. When I arrived at work I was informed that we were having a Greek party after work for someone's birthday (luckily I'd decided not to take my car to work). So there was lots of food and lots of drink and then I decided I'd go and meet a couple of friends at our usual haunt. There were some famous DJs playing. I couldn't tell you who but I can tell you in cost me an extortionate £10 to get in. I hate dance music except from perhaps very mainstream stuff they might play in some bars so I wasn't paying to see these supposed top DJs. I just went to meet some friends. Weirdly enough; I was still in my clothes from the restaurant, I didn't really know many people there, I hated the music and nothing exciting really happened (well compared to the dramas Sue and me usually get ourselves into) but I had a really good time. It was just nice to be out.
I'm now on holiday for two weeks so hopefully should have some more interesting things to write about ;)

1 Comments:
Keep writing Helen! Some of us have less interesting lives and need things read.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home