Glasgow
After complaining the other day that I was a bit down on life in Carlisle I decided to do something about it and ignoring the fiscal consequences took myself off to Glasgow for the weekend.
I headed up on Friday and was looking forward to spending the day on my own ... romantic thoughts of a lovely day were thwarted though by torrential rain and my new boots crippling me to the point I felt quite nauseous with the pain!
I did however still manage to shuffle around the Gallery of Modern Art and drink lots of coffee so all was not lost!
I made my way to Karen's (ex-Shizuoka JET) where we caught up on all the latest gossip, ate Indian take out and eventually decided to head out to a club. We'd not had much wine though and so found it very amusing to arrive at the club sober. We spent most the night in stiches at the horrendous outfits on display.
Saturday was spent on Karen's sofa. She had to pop out for a couple of hours and said she would have felt really bad for me being stuck there if it wasn't for the fact I couldn't walk anyway!
My friend Vicky (from home, lives in Edinburgh) was staying with her boyfriend in Glasgow so on Saturday evening I made my way out to meet them at his house. After drinks in his local we headed back into town. I had so much fun and feel really refreshed from meeting lots of new people!
After very little sleep I made my way back into Carlisle and dragged myself into work. The Christmas lights were being switched on which meant it was really busy. I was in the upstairs restaurant on my own and was finding it very difficult to keep on the ball in my exhausted state. A family came in though who I haven't really seen since I was about 11 years old, it was so lovely to see them and catch up - I was surprised they recognised me really!
I headed up on Friday and was looking forward to spending the day on my own ... romantic thoughts of a lovely day were thwarted though by torrential rain and my new boots crippling me to the point I felt quite nauseous with the pain!
I did however still manage to shuffle around the Gallery of Modern Art and drink lots of coffee so all was not lost!
I made my way to Karen's (ex-Shizuoka JET) where we caught up on all the latest gossip, ate Indian take out and eventually decided to head out to a club. We'd not had much wine though and so found it very amusing to arrive at the club sober. We spent most the night in stiches at the horrendous outfits on display.
Saturday was spent on Karen's sofa. She had to pop out for a couple of hours and said she would have felt really bad for me being stuck there if it wasn't for the fact I couldn't walk anyway!
My friend Vicky (from home, lives in Edinburgh) was staying with her boyfriend in Glasgow so on Saturday evening I made my way out to meet them at his house. After drinks in his local we headed back into town. I had so much fun and feel really refreshed from meeting lots of new people!
After very little sleep I made my way back into Carlisle and dragged myself into work. The Christmas lights were being switched on which meant it was really busy. I was in the upstairs restaurant on my own and was finding it very difficult to keep on the ball in my exhausted state. A family came in though who I haven't really seen since I was about 11 years old, it was so lovely to see them and catch up - I was surprised they recognised me really!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home