Monday, November 06, 2006

'Remember, Remember the 5th of November'

I had hoped that after the weekend I would be writing a lovely post about bonfire night (accompanied with lots of pictures of my friends who were visiting) and about how I'd got that job last week. Well ... I didn't get the job and Bonfire Night didn't quite go as planned.

Am guessing most people who read my blog know what Bonfire Night is? Guy Fawkes Day? I was really excited that I'd be back in the UK for Bonfire Night this year, I had planned to go down to the park to watch the bonfire be lit and to watch the controversially expensive fireworks display. I've been away for five years and the two years before that I found myself working. So where should I end up this year? Oh yes, working at the restaurant. My romantic thoughts of wearing wellies and squelching through the mud with all the other spectators whilst munching on treacle toffee were all in vain. The restaurant was predictably packed out with people and then quite quiet when the fireworks were on. I was bad, I went and stood outside as you could more or less see most of the fireworks from the restaurant. They were good but I missed the summer hanabi displays in Japan :(

Sue and me had agreed to work but only if we left early as our friend's family were having a post-bonfire party. We eventually arrived after escaping the gridlock of the centre of town. The party was lovely, just eating, drinking, chatting before us 'youngsters' headed into town.

Joseph (Tom's brother) had been visiting earlier in the week so on an impulse I'd gone out with him and our other friend on Thursday and we had SO much fun. I can't really say the same about Saturday. It should have been good, the club was busy with lots of cool people (over the age of 18 might I add) and lots of my friends and acquaintances were there.

When I first came back I wrote a lot about re-adjusting and for a whileI haven't really bothered writing about it. I guess because everything has been great and just become normal again. The job hunting process is horrible and continually knocks your self-confidence but I guess I've kept you posted on all the jobs I haven't got.

One of the best things about coming home and deciding to return to Carlisle was that my friends were already here or they lived elsewhere but would be back to visit often. It's been easy, everyone has just accepted me back in. I have though been trying to make new friends and aquanancies, although it's not on the same scale as arriving in Japan or going away to university it is still a little similar.

I am eventually getting to my point I promise, I'd met lots of new people and on Saturday it became pretty obvious how horrid one person is. I'd kind of forgotten about the trails and tribulations of making new friends and letting people into your life. It's horrid but I guess you just move on from it.

So I'll remember Bonfire Night not for 'Guy Fawkes' but for a horrid night out! Maybe next year I'll get to do Bonfire Night properly?!

There you go a nice cryptic post for you ;)

Sorry I didn't take any pics at all :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home