Thursday, November 16, 2006

It's not good ...

I've been home about four months now. Can you believe it? Well, I certainly can and I've been having a great time until now. Maybe I've just been feeling sorry for myself the past couple of weeks but I'm now really sick of everything. Namely ...

1) Not having a proper job. Not only that but not really having a job what so ever. Some Spanish guy came in and got all the shifts at work, admittedly I've had a couple more shifts this week than last but still. I was polishing all the chairs in the upstairs restaurant on Tuesday and all I could think was 'this is what I spent three years studying my arse off and getting into £11,000 worth of debt at uni and then going to Japan and teaching English for two years for - to polish chairs?!'

2) Not having any friends. OK that's an exaggerationn but Kate is married and has a child, Sue is at college and spends all her time studying, the boys are the boys - they have each other I don't like to pester them too much. All my other friends live all over the country. I could go and visit them if I had any money but I don't.

3) Not having anything to do. When I was in Japan I dreamt of having a night in during the week; just one night when I could watch TV, drink wine and eat crap. Now I have all day to do nothing, oh and then all night too. I stay hidden away in my bedroom watching awful TV like all the soaps for example- I watch them because I have nothing else to do but what a load of drivel. When I was at university I couldn't even imagine what free time was like; what it was like to read books (of the non-academic variety) and watch films etc. So I guess now I shouldn't be complaining - think of all the stuff I could do with this free time? I tried studying Japanese yesterday but it made me cry. Plus we all know from sitting at our desks in the teacher's room all day, that there's plenty of things we could be doing - but we don't. Free time is an evil thing! ;)

4) Not having my own house. It's fine living with my parents but I resent them because before I had my own car and my own place. I know it's not their fault and they've been so good to have me back but all I can do is pay them back by acting like a moody 16 years old.

5) I miss my friends in Mie. I can't even describe how excited I am for India at Christmas, at the moment I'm thinking it's one of the best decisions I've ever made! I'm counting the days ...

Urgh - I hate that I've been moaning on my blog! I hate it when other people do it so I should refrain from it myself but hey I've got all this free time - what else am I going to do?!

Hopefully next week will be better eh?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home