Friday, February 09, 2007

Winter Mornings

I like to think I'm usually a morning person but I'm certainly not at the moment. It's cold and unlike half the country it's not been snowing here - there's just horrid thick frost all over my car every morning which means I have to get up 10 mins earlier in order to defrost it.

Then on the way to school I have to listen to the radio telling me all about the hundreds of schools which are closed down because of the snow (note my post in July about how the UK couldn't cope with the heat). The only good thing is that the mornings are getting gradually lighter so I don't have to travel to work in the pitch black any more plus I guess everywhere does look really pretty. Pictures from the sunrise this morning below.

Anyway today it's Friday. I'm going out tonight and tomorrow I'm going to sleep in.

Can't believe I've just posted about the weather AGAIN.





A couple of people's opinions from the BBC website;

"Why do we make a mountain out of a mole hill over a bit of snow.Why does everything grind to a halt.Why is my license fee being spend sending news reporters all over the country telling me to stay in doors if a journey is not essential,AND why are we closing schools.If little Jimmy falls over so what,its all part of growing up."

"This is funny. I've lived in Canada for 25 yrs. and have never had a snow day. Today it is -28C with a windchill of -38C. I am at work, kids are all at school. We've had snow since November and it will still be here 'til April. What the hell happened to the country that ruled a sixth of the planet, or for that matter the one I grew up in? Go to work, send you kids to school. Stop whining!!"


Read more about the weather here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home