Helen's Home Dailies No.2 - I can understand everyone!
This is a good thing about being home but it's almost verging on being a bad thing too...
It's great to be able to chat with everyone, although I'm definitely out of practice on the small talk front! I have no idea what to say when shop assistants and other strangers randomly start chatting with me, am sure everyone thinks I'm very weird as I stumble over my words as I try and form coherent sentences!!
Also, I automatically think of what to say in Japanese as I queue up to order a coffee and then I let out a sigh of relief when I realise I don't need to speak Japanese! But it's interesting because I never realised I did that when I actually was in Japan.
It is very strange however to be able to understand parents telling their bratty children off, couples arguing, friends gossiping all around you. My brain is on over load!!
It's great to be able to chat with everyone, although I'm definitely out of practice on the small talk front! I have no idea what to say when shop assistants and other strangers randomly start chatting with me, am sure everyone thinks I'm very weird as I stumble over my words as I try and form coherent sentences!!
Also, I automatically think of what to say in Japanese as I queue up to order a coffee and then I let out a sigh of relief when I realise I don't need to speak Japanese! But it's interesting because I never realised I did that when I actually was in Japan.
It is very strange however to be able to understand parents telling their bratty children off, couples arguing, friends gossiping all around you. My brain is on over load!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home