Friday, August 04, 2006

A Carlisle Update

Not a lot going on here. I went out with Tom last night. I felt old. Everyone is my brother's age. We went to a variety of different places (most of which all charged you to get in - what's the deal there? Carlisle must be the only city in the country where bars charge an entrance fee. They're bars NOT clubs). We ended up in the Basement (known as the Page back in the day), there were possibly 20 people in there max. We were fairly drunk by that point so had fun despite the lack of people and I think we informed everyone in the place 'We've been coming here since we were 16. This place used to be packed on a Thursday night, you couldn't move for people, look at it now ...'

The wedding I was going to next week has been cancelled but Kate's is still on Sunday. Will post pictures when I'm at my friends house in Edinburgh next week.

I've been speaking on the phone a lot to all my friends who now seem to be scattered over the whole country and Martyn says he might come to Carlisle tonight - I really hope he does!

Everyone keeps asking me what my plans are and I keep telling people that I don't have a clue. It's annoying.

Think I might have fish and chips for lunch - screw the diet!

God - my blog is boring!

1 Comments:

Blogger Fiona said...

Your blog is fabulous and hilarious, great to hear you chatting away. your reverse culture shock experiences are very interesting. Drink some proper red wine for me.
Love fI

5:46 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home