A Busy Week
In the evenings I'm always busy, it's fine because I sit for most of the day not doing an awful lot so I don't find that I really suffer despite never having an evening free. This week I seemed particularly busy though, here are some snippets ...
Kura
On Tuesday before Japanese class I went with Milena to Kura which is a little izikaya near me for dinner. Every time I go I'm amazed at how great the food is and can never believe that this gem is literally just around the corner. I've only ever been a handful of times though owing to the fact the menu is impossible to read. It's not impossible for Milena though and her superb kanji reading skills so off we went. It was great. I'm happy. Lets go every week!
Lost
Wednesday evening saw the return of our Lost club, unfortunately with the absence of one our members (he has a good enough reason though). Aileen had down loaded the first few episodes of the second season, I think it's safe to say we were stupidly excited about watching them. The only problem is I think I drank a bit too much wine and can't really remember all the details of everything that happened - I'll be quizzing you about it tomorrow Ailo!
Gravy
Yesterday I was tired and it was one of the rare times I wished I had nothing to do and could just hide out on my own, in my apartment for the evening but I had to work at the juku after school and then I had some people from school coming around for 'English' food.
In the end I made cottage pie, served it up with some peas and some bread and butter. Which isn't something many English people except grandparents still do but anyway I told them it was very English thing to do. The most amusing part was watching them figure out what to do with the gravy. I picked up the jug and poured some all over mine. They then proceeded to discuss at great length what this stuff could possibly be and asking each other why on earth would we be pouring it all over our food. They then took the spoon and spooned two small spoonfuls of it onto their food. I had to stop myself laughing. So in the end, I had a really lovely evening and am so pleased they came around and not just because of the gravy incident!
Tea Ceremony
Today I was planning on taking the afternoon off, I thought it might be a nice idea to take some time to relax before the weekend ahead. I thought better of it as although I do have some nenkyu left I haven't really got enough to be throwing it around. It worked out well because this afternoon I ended up going with one of the English teacher's for tea ceremony as some of the cooking students had made hand-made sweets. I think I made everyone's day when I picked one of the sweets up and it disintegrated in my hand all over me and the red mat I'm sat on. Oh dear - the shame! But everyone laughed a lot, most of all me!
Kyoto
Just over an hour to go until the end of school. I'm going to Kyoto this weekend. I'm VERY excited!
Kura
On Tuesday before Japanese class I went with Milena to Kura which is a little izikaya near me for dinner. Every time I go I'm amazed at how great the food is and can never believe that this gem is literally just around the corner. I've only ever been a handful of times though owing to the fact the menu is impossible to read. It's not impossible for Milena though and her superb kanji reading skills so off we went. It was great. I'm happy. Lets go every week!
Lost
Wednesday evening saw the return of our Lost club, unfortunately with the absence of one our members (he has a good enough reason though). Aileen had down loaded the first few episodes of the second season, I think it's safe to say we were stupidly excited about watching them. The only problem is I think I drank a bit too much wine and can't really remember all the details of everything that happened - I'll be quizzing you about it tomorrow Ailo!
Gravy
Yesterday I was tired and it was one of the rare times I wished I had nothing to do and could just hide out on my own, in my apartment for the evening but I had to work at the juku after school and then I had some people from school coming around for 'English' food.
In the end I made cottage pie, served it up with some peas and some bread and butter. Which isn't something many English people except grandparents still do but anyway I told them it was very English thing to do. The most amusing part was watching them figure out what to do with the gravy. I picked up the jug and poured some all over mine. They then proceeded to discuss at great length what this stuff could possibly be and asking each other why on earth would we be pouring it all over our food. They then took the spoon and spooned two small spoonfuls of it onto their food. I had to stop myself laughing. So in the end, I had a really lovely evening and am so pleased they came around and not just because of the gravy incident!
Tea Ceremony
Today I was planning on taking the afternoon off, I thought it might be a nice idea to take some time to relax before the weekend ahead. I thought better of it as although I do have some nenkyu left I haven't really got enough to be throwing it around. It worked out well because this afternoon I ended up going with one of the English teacher's for tea ceremony as some of the cooking students had made hand-made sweets. I think I made everyone's day when I picked one of the sweets up and it disintegrated in my hand all over me and the red mat I'm sat on. Oh dear - the shame! But everyone laughed a lot, most of all me!
Kyoto
Just over an hour to go until the end of school. I'm going to Kyoto this weekend. I'm VERY excited!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home