Thursday, August 17, 2006

Liverpool

Yesterday I took a trip down memory lane and went back to Liverpool. It was the first time I’ve properly been back since my graduation day. It was pretty weird; obviously I know it really well but at the same time it seemed really strange that I used to live.

We went for a stroll around the docks and then to a really nice vegetarian restaurant that I’d never been to before. I did a spot of shopping in the foreign food shop, there was so many Japanese ingredients - I was like a child in a sweet shop, Martyn must have thought I was a complete freak - I guess seaweed is a very strange thing for someone to get excited about.

We spent the rest of the afternoon in a variety of different bars.

It was good to catch up with Mart and he pointed out it was the most time we’d spent together since I left for Japan two years ago, I guess it was and it was definitely a good thing for us to do.

With it being results day today I was thinking back to this time five years ago - I wonder what we would have said if we’d have been told that in five years time we’d both have graduated from Liverpool Uni, that I’d have been teaching English in Japan for two years and that he’s be living in Liverpool and would be about to move to Leeds with his Canadian girlfriend. Things certainly have changed.

I had a great day but I guess it reconfirmed that I don't think I'll ever live in Liverpool again.

Thanks for a lovely day Mart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home