Monday, August 14, 2006

It's been two weeks - and NO I've still not started looking for a job and NO I don't know where I'm going to live ... it's only been two weeks!

I’d written a nice review of all the things I saw at the Edinburgh Festival and saved it onto my laptop - which appears to have completely packed in, I can’t even switch it on. I’ll worry about what I’m going to do about that later - at the moment I’m just annoyed because I’ve lost my blog entry!

Yeah so in short - Edinburgh was great! I went to see A midsummer’s Night Dream and a Korean play both of which were good but I have to say the Korean play was fantastic. We wandered the streets and saw lots of street theatre and talked to lots of people handing out flyers for their productions. There was such a great atmosphere and I can’t wait to go back at the end of this week.

My last day up there, Nick and me spent the duration in the park, only leaving at lunch time to gorge ourselves on Chinese food. It was lovely to chill out and watch a park full of people eating, drinking etc and I loved the fact everyone was there because it was a pleasant Saturday afternoon not just because some daft blossoms were out ;) The only mildly disturbing thing was all the couples. OK kissing I can cope with but there was a fat, middle aged couple next to us who were - what can only be described as - humping each other. Yuck! I’m not used to this kind of thing and I really had no idea where to look when the couple the other side of us started rolling about on top of each other too!

I’d decided to take the last train back to Carlisle so that I could catch another play, thinking the last train would be at a reasonable time, but no - 6:52pm!!! Edinburgh is only just over an hour away from Carlisle and Carlisle is on the main London to Scotland train line so this took some accepting - especially seen as though I could actually get a train later from Nagoya to Ohka than I could Edinburgh to Carlisle! Have to remember that the trains in the UK are CRAP!

What else has been happening …

Yesterday we had Christmas dinner! Turkey and all the trimmings followed by Christmas pudding and rum sauce! Why you might ask? Well it was to celebrate Vinny arriving home from Poland and so it was our first meal altogether plus I won’t be here for Christmas so we decided to have it now instead (although I should mention that Mum had a turkey in the freezer that was nearing it’s use by date!).

Today, Vinny and me went down to see Grandpa and drove through the Lakes again. Stopping off in Keswick to eat fish and chips and have a walk (note: mini stroll) along Derwent Water. As I drove on down past Thirlmere and Windermere the sun came out and it’s so beautiful when the sun beams dance on the water, it’s such a pity it’s usually so cloudy and wet!

Tom and me have kept up with our morning bike rides/running expeditions but I’ve been trying to swim a km everyday too and today I’m absolutely knackered!

I’ve also been trying to clear out my room, after managing to be so ruthless when moving from Japan I was sure I could do the same again. But I’m afraid it’s been rather muri! Do I really need hundreds of old photos? YES. All my old school books? YES. All my childhood books? YES. All my university revision notes? YES. All my old letters? YES. So at the moment there isn’t any floor space whatsoever in my poor, beloved bedroom - it’s covered in random kitchen equipment, files upon files, old love letters, photos of me looking anorexic in sixth form etc etc

Other than that I’ve just been buying a ridiculous amount of clothes and CDs. Yikes!

1 Comments:

Blogger Fiona said...

sounds blissful ;)

12:29 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home