Bikurishita!
Yesterday was a day full of surprises ...
Surprise No.1
I'm sat at my desk, as bored as any other day, as usual wondering what to do seen as though I've already checked my email and miejets 10 million times. When Miki walks into the teacher's room! She had brought the lilies I'd left in her car that we were given at the park. We left and went for lunch at my apartment. It was the best surpise - if anyone else fancies dropping into Ohka for a surprise visit it'll be more than welcome!
Surprise No.2
My friends at school have been wanting to take me to see fireflies for weeks and through one reason or another I've had to keep cancelling on them. Yesterday was pouring with rain but it appeared we'd still be going. After I'd finished work at the juku I met them at school.
We arrived at this location that had been recommended to us. I have to admit I was wondering what all the fuss was about as we scrambled around the rhododendron bushes to catch a glimpse at ONE fire fly.
Then it was decided we would cross these precarious, slippery logs across the pond. Take a moment to imagine this - it's almost pitch black, I'm carrying an umbrella and I'm balancing on a piece of wood in the middle of a frog filled pond.
I think when we first arrived it just wasn't dark enough though because by the time we left the air was starting to fill with fire flies and I have to admit it was really impressive. Thoughts of fairies, magic and a Midsummer's Night Dream ...
Surprise No 3
I'm fast asleep, my phone is ringing, I uncoordinatedly jump out of bed trying to find the damn thing. It's Vinny. 'Hels were you asleep?!' I reply 'of course I am it's bloody...' looking at the clock it wasn't even 11:30pm yet - I honestly thought it was about 3:00am! I'm pathetic!
Anyway Vinny was on fine form, he'd just finished his last exam. Ah the memories ...
Surprise No.1
I'm sat at my desk, as bored as any other day, as usual wondering what to do seen as though I've already checked my email and miejets 10 million times. When Miki walks into the teacher's room! She had brought the lilies I'd left in her car that we were given at the park. We left and went for lunch at my apartment. It was the best surpise - if anyone else fancies dropping into Ohka for a surprise visit it'll be more than welcome!
Surprise No.2
My friends at school have been wanting to take me to see fireflies for weeks and through one reason or another I've had to keep cancelling on them. Yesterday was pouring with rain but it appeared we'd still be going. After I'd finished work at the juku I met them at school.
We arrived at this location that had been recommended to us. I have to admit I was wondering what all the fuss was about as we scrambled around the rhododendron bushes to catch a glimpse at ONE fire fly.
Then it was decided we would cross these precarious, slippery logs across the pond. Take a moment to imagine this - it's almost pitch black, I'm carrying an umbrella and I'm balancing on a piece of wood in the middle of a frog filled pond.
I think when we first arrived it just wasn't dark enough though because by the time we left the air was starting to fill with fire flies and I have to admit it was really impressive. Thoughts of fairies, magic and a Midsummer's Night Dream ...
Surprise No 3
I'm fast asleep, my phone is ringing, I uncoordinatedly jump out of bed trying to find the damn thing. It's Vinny. 'Hels were you asleep?!' I reply 'of course I am it's bloody...' looking at the clock it wasn't even 11:30pm yet - I honestly thought it was about 3:00am! I'm pathetic!
Anyway Vinny was on fine form, he'd just finished his last exam. Ah the memories ...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home