Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Wedding

On Sunday it was Kate and Glen’s wedding. My first ever wedding! The weather wasn’t too great which was pretty unfortunate but it didn’t spoil the day.

I had such a good time, our table was really good craic. The evening part was brill, nobody danced except us. Tom and me even did some big routines on the empty dance floor and him and Lindsay led everyone around the dance floor to some tune from Grease. Half the people I knew by the end of the wedding had come up to me to say ‘so you like dancing then Helen?!’ There was even karaoke but I managed to refrain from tunelessly warbling anything (too much dancing to be done).

Kate’s brother was determined to have a late night drinking crew so we were the last ones up at 3am. Kate’s hilarious she keeps telling everyone ‘yeah so on my wedding night I ended up sat around playing spin the bottle, with my brother sneaking behind the bar stealing champagne’

Sue was a bridesmaid so Tom and me stayed in her hotel room with her, don’t think I’m used to sharing a bed as I attacked Sue in the night.

It was such a shame because the next day the weather was really nice, Tom, Sue and me were the last ones to leave the hotel so we were playing on the swings outside. Sue’s Mum came to pick us up and took us into Wigton for chip shop chips, all prepared with pain killers etc for us!

Monday evening though I was feeling a bit sorry for myself, with the wedding over there didn’t seem to be too much to look forward to … but I met Tom and we went for a drive to have a nosey at all the big, posh houses and we went for a stroll by the river in the evening sun and afterwards I felt much better. We have decided to embark on an early morning fitness routine.
So the last two mornings I've cycled around to Tom’s and we biked down to the park and went for a run/walk followed by a breakfast of coffee and fruit in the garden back at his house. Must keep busy …

Note: I'm at my friend Jenny's house in Edinburgh, she has broadband and I still haven't managed to upload any photos! I'm sad - I don't want a picture less blog :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home