Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Job Satisfaction

I take* an evening English conversation class near my house once a month. They seem to think that all my worksheets are very 'professional' whic is nice of them to say but I wasn't too impressed when they asked if I wouldn't mind making up a newspaper of articles they would write. This sounds all very lovely but I see no reason why they asked me to do this just a few weeks before I left and when my brother was visiting too - surely they realise I'm busy and that any other time throughout the two years would have been more convenient (when I spend all day sat at my desk doing nothing).

Of course I made it for them, with all the stupid amount of effort I find myself putting into anything once I start (although I'm sure it was still filled to the brim with typos etc).

It was my sayonara enkai with this class last night and I was starting to become slightly irritated by the woman repeatedly asking me if it was time to see it yet even after I'd told her I'd show them at the end.

The end came and I gave all the students a copy of the newspaper and however much I whinge - the looks on their faces when they saw their articles printed was priceless. For ages they were completely absorbed in the newspapers and I realised that despite my whinging it was all worth it especially when they all started telling me how precious it was to them.



The enkai was fine and I surprisingly found myself getting a little upset at the end - 15 people all giving speeches in English about how great you are is inevitably going to bring on a few tears.

After the enkai I escaped to my second home to hang out with Nige - always good :) It was brought to my attention that for all my ranting and raving about how much I hate hip hop - I just can't help dancing to it. He says I'm a hypocrite - I have to agree although I'm still going to say it's crap.

*Whoops - I used to take an English conversation class

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home