We don't all live in London
I often find that being English people also assume that I must also be from London, even people who know I live ten minutes from Scotland still seem to think that London is just around the corner. I know we're a very tiny country in comparison to others (well everywhere really) but still! I was asked yesterday if whilst I'm back at home could I 'call into' Smythson Stationers to buy some letter headed paper for someone, they gave me the address. Bond Street, London. I reminded said person that London is really far from where I live, to which they replied 'oh don't worry just if you have some spare time, should I give you some money?' I tried explaining that I really didn't think I'd be going anywhere near London in the next few weeks but they just didn't seem to get it. I should have responded by asking them if maybe they could go to Shinjuku, Tokyo whilst I'm away and pick up this book I want; you know just if they have a spare few moments... but let's face it - it would have been lost of them.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home